Location: National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Production Manager
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
About the Position
The Technical Assistant will report to Production Manager and be supervised by the Technical Leads. The Technical Assistant is responsible for the preparation and execution of A/V tech in Studio Bell. They will also act as relief for when the Technical Leads are away from the office.
Hourly rate is $17.50 to $25 depending on experience.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working on a team to provide the audio, video, lighting, power and setup needs for an event and ensuring they are met with exceptional service and a friendly attitude.
- Setting up, striking and operating audio, video, and lighting for a roster of events at Studio Bell.
- Working with NMC staff, volunteers and third-party suppliers to successfully prepare, execute and conclude events at Studio Bell.
- Performing regular maintenance of audio, video, and lighting equipment.
- Work some evenings and weekends depending on the event or activations requirements.
- Ensuring the security and safety of Studio Bell and the NMC Collection.
- Providing good stewardship of Studio Bell equipment with a focus on Studio Bell audio, video, lighting, IT and Collections resources.
- Ensuring the comfort and safety of visitors, staff and volunteers of NMC.
- Advocating on behalf of NMC, communicating our mission and vision and being up-to-date on key messages and dress code requirements.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- Strong command of live audio, video, and lighting production and the corresponding needs of musicians, artists and commercial clients.
- Work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide exceptional customer service, inter-personal and problem-solving skills.
- Be a strong team player with exemplary leadership skills and positive attitude.
- Have strong organizational and logistical skills with attention to detail and accuracy; able to multitask and manage time wisely.
- Be a personable worker with the ability to work with an ever-changing roster of staff, volunteers, clients, guests and contractors.
- Be a motivated self-learner who keeps up to date with emerging technologies, equipment and procedures.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work well independently and be quick to take initiative as well as follow instruction.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to think quickly on their feet.
- Willingness to fill any role for our team to be successful.
- Be passionate about music, and enjoy engaging people.
- Be willing and able to work to a flexible part time schedule.
- Have the ability to lift up to 30 kilos.
- Exhibit patience and thoroughness when teaching other NMC staff/volunteers.
- Be quick to learn, adapt and implement new technologies.
- Familiarity with the Yamaha QL5, ETC ION console, Black Magic video equipment is helpful.
- Familiarity and experience with the service, facilities, theatre, events and/or museum or other not-for-profit industries is an asset.
- Additional assets include: Electrical, IT and electronic technician skills, experience as a musician, stage management experience, and familiarity with recording studio environments and equipment.
- Production Manager
- Technical Leads
- Programming Team
- Events Team
- Event Coordinators and Event Hosts
- Collections Team
- Digital Content Coordinator
- All NMC staff and volunteers
Please email resume to email@example.com. We will contact our successful applicants. Thanks to all those who apply.