Producer, Digital Education Programs (Full-Time, Contract)
Location: National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Director of Programs
Key relationships: Programs Manager, Senior Programmer of Education and Digital Programs
Type: Full-Time, Contract (12 months)
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
About this Position
The Producer, Digital Education Programs will work collaboratively to oversee the creation of a new suite of digital education offerings for National Music Centre (NMC). These programs are designed to connect classes and school-aged youth across Canada to core curriculum topics through music. This position will be concerned chiefly with developing syllabi, workplans, and resource recommendations to inform strategy and planning cycles. The primary focus will be curriculum-based education content for school-aged youth, but programs serving a diverse array of audiences will also be developed over time. This is a full-time contract position for 12 months with potential for extension beyond that term.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of new curriculum-based digital content plan for NMC Education programming.
- Production of new draft workplans and a critical path for developing a suite of digital education programs, primarily focused on K-6 classes and students, but scaled to serve older students and other audiences over time.
- Working with the Programs Manager and Senior Programmer to produce training resources for digital education staff.
- Working with Programs Manager and Senior Programmer to iterate existing, in-person school programs for digital outreach, and developing new offerings.
- Creating a digital education resource map, which includes facilities and technical recommendations for implementation.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes::
- Demonstrated experience developing, managing, delivering, promoting, and evaluating digital education-based programming for local, regional, national, or international audiences.
- Post-secondary training in education or similar vocation or topics with an emphasis on digital and virtual learning.
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe suite of products related to video content production.
- Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation for Canada’s diverse music history.
- Conversant with trends in education and public programming at museums and cultural institutions, including live interpretation and discovery spaces for younger audiences.
- Superior writing and oral presentation skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, and function effectively in an active team environment.
- Proficiency in Mac-based computer platforms.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience in developing projects in a cultural context.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Adam Fox on or before Friday, April 1, 2022. No phone calls please.