The Power of the Playlist is the National Music Centre's new playlist creation drop-in program in collaboration with Jennifer Buchanan, Founder of JB Music Therapy, and supported by Bell.
The Power of the Playlist program is derived from the book Wellness, Wellplayed: The Power of the Playlist written by Jennifer Buchanan. In the book, the Certified Music Therapist reveals how to create playlists with purpose to improve mental health, and address our human need to feel, create, and connect.
Drop in every Saturday afternoon from October 29 to December 10 at Studio Bell.
• October 29 – Track 1: The Meaning of the Mixtape
• November 5 – Track 2: The Art and Science of Music
• November 12 – Track 3: Set Yourself (and Others) Up for Success
• November 19 – Track 4: Your Personal Soundtrack
• November 26 – Track 5: Power Playlists to Activate Your Memories
• December 3 – Track 6: Power Playlists to Regulate Your Mood
• December 10 – Track 7: Power Playlists to Boost Your Motivation
Pre-registration is not required, but spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Download The Power of the Playlist workbook, which will complement each session and provide a resource for further reflection.