Intermediate Accountant (Full-Time)
Location: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Senior Manager of Accounting
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Reporting to Senior Manager of Accounting, the Intermediate Accountant is a full-time position on the National Music Centre’s Finance team. The successful candidate will have strong full-cycle accounting skills, an accounting degree or diploma, exceptional attention to detail, excellent people skills, and a passion for the not-for-profit sector.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare weekly reconciled cash deposits;
- Reconcile and prepare journal entries/payments for monthly retail revenue & consignment inventory sales;
- Prepare and file quarterly GST returns;
- Print and distribute monthly financial statements including any supporting documentation for department managers;
- Reconcile daily revenue reports to ticketing and donation software;
- Manage accounts receivable, including invoicing, client follow-up and payment processing;
- Maintain files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, receivable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings;
- Assist with gathering information for the annual financial statement audits;
- Maintain record keeping of information required for annual T4A’s; completion of annual T4A reporting;
- Prepare complex journal entries for month and quarter-end;
- Provide assistance to Fund Development related to information needed for grant reporting;
- Process monthly gift and fund development donation reporting;
- Reconcile monthly donations and prepare GIFT schedule;
- Monthly tax receipt reconciliation;
- Daily box office reconciliation;
- Provide back up support for the Accounting Clerk.
- Completion of an accounting degree or diploma;
- 2 years of full cycle accounting experience, preferably in the non-for-profit sector;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel,Word, Powerpoint);
- Knowledge of Canadian GAAP (ASPE, not-for- profit);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience with Quickbooks; Ticketing software knowledge an asset;
- Strong aptitude for working in a deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Chief Financial Officer
- Senior Manager of Accounting
- Business Analyst
- Accounting Clerk
If you think you fit the bill, we would love to hear from you! Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before July 31, 2022 with the job title indicated in the subject line of the email. No
phone calls please.