Audio Specialist (Part-Time)
Location: Studio Bell, home of National Music Centre
Reporting to: Production Manager/Technical Director
The Audio Specialist will report to the Production Manager/Technical Director and be supervised by the Technical Leads. The Audio Specialist is responsible for the preparation and execution of Front of House audio engineering in a variety of spaces around Studio Bell. They will also act as relief for when the Technical Leads are away from the office. This position is casual/part time and the hourly rate will be based on experience and competence from $20-35 per hour.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working on a team to provide the audio setup needs for an event and ensuring they are met with exceptional service and a friendly attitude.
- Setting up, striking and operating audio for a roster of events at Studio Bell.
- Working with NMC staff, volunteers and third-party suppliers to successfully prepare, execute and conclude events at Studio Bell.
- Work some evenings and weekends depending on the event or activation requirements.
- Ensuring the security and safety of Studio Bell and the NMC Collection.
- Providing good stewardship of Studio Bell equipment with a focus on Studio Bell audio and Collections resources.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of FOH audio experience
- Mastery of productions with demanding input requirements (32+ channels)
- Mastery of live audio, and the corresponding needs of musicians, artists, and commercial clients.
- Familiarity with the Yamaha QL5 series, TF series, MIDAS M series or equivalent digital audio consoles
- Strong knowledge of Dante audio network
- Work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide exceptional customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Be a strong team player with exemplary leadership skills and positive attitude.
- Have strong organizational and logistical skills with attention to detail and accuracy; able to multitask and manage time wisely.
- Be a personable worker with the ability to work with an ever-changing roster of staff, volunteers, clients, guests and contractors.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work well independently and be quick to take initiative as well as follow instruction.
- Be willing and able to work to a flexible part time schedule.
- Have the ability to lift up to 30 kilos.
- Exhibit patience and thoroughness when teaching other NMC staff/volunteers.
- Familiarity and experience with the service, facilities, theater, events and/or museum or other not-for-profit industries is an asset.
- Additional assets include: Electrical, IT and electronic technician skills, experience as a musician, stage management experience, and familiarity with recording studio environments and equipment.
- Production Manager
- Technical Leads
- Programming Team
- Events Team
- Event Coordinators and Event Hosts
- Collections Team
- Digital Content Coordinator
- All NMC staff and volunteers
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact our successful applicants. Thanks to all those who apply.