Visitor Experience Ambassador (Part-Time)
Location: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Manager, Visitor Experience
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
About this Position
The Visitor Experience Ambassador (Part-Time) is responsible for inspiring the visitor experience at Studio Bell. This position reports to the Manager, Visitor Experience and is supervised by the Visitor Experience Coordinator. Visitor Experience Ambassadors are responsible for assisting with Front-Of-House (FOH) operations at Studio Bell including greeting and welcoming visitors and members as well as providing orientation to Studio Bell and the East Village neighborhood. Visitor Experience Ambassador will also assist in handling NMC’s Call Centre and manage the general email inbox.
Applicants for this position must have flexible availability including weekends, evenings and some daytime weekday availability.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking admission, selling memberships, and concert tickets via point-of-sale (POS) and on-line systems
- Handling opening and closing cash procedures
- Assisting with reception and visitor services, greeting and scanning tickets for the general public.
- Providing general information about the NMC collection and exhibits
- Relaying accurate information about planned programs/events at Studio Bell and in Calgary
- Answering public inquiries via phone and email; directing calls and emails to appropriate NMC staff members
- Handling entrance queues
- Providing conflict resolution among visitors, staff and volunteers
- Following Health and Safety standards and operations for Studio Bell to ensure a safe visitor experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Flexible availability including evenings and weekends
- Previous experience in customer service, retail and/or hospitality
- Previous Box Office experience
- Knowledge and comfort with POS and computer systems
- Enjoy interacting with the public, meeting new people, collaborating with internal staff, and partnering with volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French or another language is an asset
- Ability to communicate with visitors of all ages and demographics
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of all visitors to meet or exceed their expectations and establish an outstanding experience
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions to ensure the safety and security of visitors
- General knowledge and interest in music, the city of Calgary, and local tourist attractions
- Experience working with volunteers
- Manager, Visitor Experience
- Visitor Experience Team Lead
- Chief Staff and Senior Director Administration
- NMC Staff
- Visitors and the General Public
This part-time position offers a flexible schedule with hours ranging between 4-40 hours per week at a rate of $16.00 per hour.
Qualified applicants should send resume in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that your full name is in the file name (ex: Smith_John_cover_letter_resume) and the subject line of your email is: Visitor Experience Ambassador (Part-time). No phone calls please.