Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Location: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre
Reporting to: Director of Marketing, Communications, and Visitor Experience
The Web Development and Content Specialist is a hybrid position responsible for publishing, managing, maintaining, and building current and future digital/web properties for NMC.
The ideal candidate is creative and talented, has a well-rounded background in new media design and website development, and enjoys working in a collaborative, non-profit environment. They know how to project manage web/digital projects from conception to publication and deliver results on deadline. They will also have strong copywriting and editing skills, are highly competent at graphic design, have web publishing experience using content management systems like WordPress and Craft CMS, and are able to handle most scenarios encountered in both frontend and backend website development.
National Music Centre offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Salary range for this position: $50,000 - $60,000
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
This is a full-time salaried position.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Website administration: Manage posts, update content, and enhance NMC’s online presence through our websites, web apps, and other online platforms.
- Website maintenance: Ensure all websites, web apps, and online platforms are up to date, functional, and secure. Monitor hosting and database services and troubleshoot issues as they arise, while facilitating solutions with third-party support providers, including NMC’s box office software provider and customer databases.
- Website production: Design and develop internally and/or coordinate with external contractors and NMC staff on new features, projects, and capabilities for NMC’s online platforms.
- Content coordination and publishing: Write and edit copy for email marketing or web purposes. Resize, adjust, and optimize graphics and photos for web publication. Format and publish audio and video files on multiple platforms and devices.
- Monitoring and analytics reporting: Monitor, track, and report KPIs from Google Analytics, AdWords, and other analytics software services.
- Brand management: Ensure that the integrity of each brand that NMC owns is maintained on all web platforms and digital publications.
- Provide overall support with marketing initiatives, including new media, audio/video, and visual/graphic design projects, social media, email marketing, and other duties as assigned.
- Expert-level familiarity with WordPress, Craft CMS, and other website content management and content publishing systems.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of database systems, web application development, and diagnostics (e.g. DNS, LAMP stack, HTTP, MySQL, etc).
- Hands-on experience with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Simply Measured, Hootsuite, etc).
- Knowledge of web development workflow, processes, and deployment tools, including GIT version control/repository, JIRA, Bitbucket, SourceTree, or others.
- Advanced understanding of Search Engine Optimization.
- A firm understanding of UX/UI as well as custom integration using API.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with and experience using Adobe CC.
- Excellent problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- A collaborative spirit with an enthusiasm for working with interdisciplinary teams on a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for music, musical knowledge or a musical skill is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in web development, computer science, new media, or a related field.
- 3–5 years of experience in web design and/or development.
- Experience in web/digital marketing.
- Experience in an arts and/or non-profit environment an asset.
- Training in Adobe software in a MacOS environment.
- Director of Marketing, Communications, and Visitor Experience
- Senior Publicist
- Manager of Visitor Experience
- Digital Media Specialist
- Digital Content Committee
- Third-party contractors, vendors, and ticketing system support teams
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter in PDF form to Brandon Wallis, Director of Marketing, Communications, and Visitor Experience, at email@example.com. Please ensure that your full name is in the file name (ex: Smith_John_cover_letter_resume) and the subject line of your email is: Web Development and Content Specialist Application.
Deadline to apply is January 21, 2021, but the position may remain open until a suitable candidate is found. No phone calls please.