Location: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Programs Managers
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
About this position
The Programs Coordinator is a junior administrative position supporting the Programming department of NMC. This position is responsible for clerical duties and logistics coordination required for the operations of NMC’s programs, including but not limited to Education, Public Programs, Live Music and Artist Development programs. Committed to providing exemplary administrative support, the Programs Coordinator will rely on their communications and organizational skills to effectively manage record-keeping, data entry, coordination of contracts, invoicing, and other daily clerical tasks required for departmental functions.
Programs at NMC connect audiences through music, story, and experience, and encompass a wide range of experiences for diverse audiences, including live music performance; education, school and after-school programs for youth; artist residencies and development programs; public programs, lectures, and panel discussions, etc. Flexibility, adaptability and positivity are critical for success in this role.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clerical duties relating to programs administration, including record-keeping and collating data and information for the purpose of evaluation and reporting.
- Drafting contracts and submitting invoices for artists and program partners.
- Gathering analysis of program activities through the execution of surveys and collection of key performance indicator data.
- Coordinating all components of the school programs booking process – receiving requests, verifying venue/resource availability, issuing booking confirmations and invoices, confirming payment and ensuring that the front-line staff are well informed and supported to deliver a successful program.
- Coordinating logistics, technical requirements, marketing assets and hospitality related items with artists, program partners and communicating relevant information to the appropriate internal staff.
- Coordinating and liaising with other departments to provide key information to support any and all programming needs, including production, events, visitor services, and facilities operations teams.
- Liaising directly with any programming partners during the execution of programs.
- Working closely with NMC marketing team to ensure digital and physical promotional collateral is produced on schedule.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in the arts, business, project management, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- A positive attitude and a flexible, solution-based approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated experience related to general office administration.
- Strong and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Experience using project management software
- Experience with any of the following considered an asset: EventPro, Formstack, Smartsheet, When I Work, Beanworks, PandaDoc.
- Experience with statistics coordination and analysis instruments.
- General knowledge of music and/or museum programs production.
- Adaptable, flexible, and functionally effectively in an active team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Proficiency in both Mac-based and PC-based computer platforms, and intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Teams.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday, December 20, 2023. No phone calls please.