Location: National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Director of Programs
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
About this Position
The Programs Coordinator is a junior administrative position supporting the Programming department of NMC. Reporting to the Director of Programs, this position is responsible for clerical duties and logistics coordination required for the operations of NMC programs. Committed to providing exemplary administrative support, the Programs Coordinator will rely on communications and organizational skills to effectively manage record-keeping, data entry, coordination of contracts, travel and accommodations bookings for program participants, invoicing, and other daily clerical tasks required for departmental functions.
Programs at NMC connect audiences through music, story, and experience, and encompass a wide range of experiences for diverse audiences, including live music performance; education, school and after-school programs for youth; artist residencies and development programs; public programs, lectures, and panel discussions, etc. Flexibility, adaptability, and positivity are critical for success in this role. This is a full-time salaried position.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clerical duties relating to Programs administration, including record-keeping and collating data and information for the purpose of evaluation and reporting
- Gathering analysis of program activities through the execution of surveys and collection of key performance indicator data
- Supporting school programs, artist development, and live music and public programs through various administrative tasks and logistics coordination, liaising between program managers and external partners to implement agreements
- Contracting musicians for performances, coordinating travel and accommodations, invoicing and performance fee payments
- Coordinating and liaising with other departments to provide key information to support any and all programming needs, including production, events, visitor services, and facilities operations teams
- Liaising directly with any programming partners and sponsors during the execution of programs
- Working closely with NMC marketing team to ensure digital and physical promotional collateral is produced on schedule
- Bachelor degree or diploma in the arts, business, project management, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- A positive attitude and a flexible, solution-based approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated experience related to general office administration
- Strong and professional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion
- Experience using project management software
- Experience with statistics coordination and analysis instruments
- General knowledge of music and museum programs production
- Adaptable, flexible, and functionally effectively in an active team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Proficiency in both MAC-based and PC-based computer platforms, and intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Teams
- Director of Programs
- Education and Public Programs Manager
- Senior Programmer, Education and Digital Programs
- External programming partners, artists, presenting organizations
National Music Centre offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Salary for this position: $42,000
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
This position is a full-time position and qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to Adam Fox, Director of Programs (email@example.com) on or before June 25, 2021.
Please ensure that your full name is in the file name (ex: Smith_John_cover_letter_resume) and the subject line of your email is: Programs Coordinator. No phone calls please.