Location: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Director of Development
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
About this Position
The Development Manager is an organized, experienced fundraising professional with experience in a broad range of fundraising activities. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager is responsible for supporting and leading the National Music Centre’s efforts to raise operational funding through a variety of activities including government and community grants, major gifts and sponsorship, annual giving campaigns, stewardship, and fundraising events.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Play a leading role in designing, implementing, managing and evaluating NMC’s annual fundraising plans.
- Serve as the primary granting officer of the organization by seeking and securing grants from all three levels of government, public and private foundations and corporations.
- Play a leadership role in the development and execution of NMC’s annual fundraising gala event.
- Supervise the work of the Annual Giving Officer in supporting the gala, annual giving strategies and granting programs, as well other fund development activities as needed.
- Manage a pipeline of major gifts including gifts up to $50,000 or more.
- Designing and implementing stewardship plans and activities to support donor engagement and retention.
- Support budgeting and forecasting for gala, annual giving and granting programs.
- Develop corporate partnership proposals and agreements.
The Development Manager is a critical role in the success of the National Music Centre’s fundraising program. The successful candidate will have:
- 5 years’ experience in non-profit fund development or equivalent in another sector.
- Demonstrated success in managing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program and producing charitable contributions.
- Experience managing the granting program of a charitable organization.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the breadth of fundraising activities, including the current research and trends, programs and techniques, and best practices.
- Skilled and experienced in evaluating, directing and motivating staff.
- High levels of initiative and a successful track record of planning, implementing and managing a comprehensive development program to raise funds and achieve objectives.
- Superior verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) regulations and receipting guidelines.
- Strong fluency in Apple environment, Microsoft Office suite, Raiser's Edge and Spektrix fundraising software.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
- Passion for music, arts, culture, community building an asset.
- Director of Development
- Annual Giving Officer
- Senior Leadership Team
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
All employees who successfully complete the probation period are offered medical and dental benefits. NMC also offers an RRSP matching program.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter to Stephanie Pahl, Chief of Staff and Senior Director, Administration, at email@example.com on or before December 3, 2021.
No phone calls please.