Location: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre
Reporting to: Manager of ICT and AV
About the National Music Centre
More than a museum, the National Music Centre (NMC) preserves and celebrates Canada’s music story. It is inspiring a new generation of music lovers at its home, Studio Bell. Located in the heart of Calgary’s East Village, on-site activities include five floors of interactive exhibitions, instruments, artifacts and Canadian music memorabilia from NMC’s vast collection as well as four separate Canadian Music Halls of Fame. NMC also hosts public programs, live performances across multiple music venues, education programs, and creative artist residencies with NMC’s world-class recording facilities.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
About this position
The ideal candidate will have exceptional problem resolution and research skills to coordinate with internal teams, visitors, and third party vendors. This position works with many different support teams to assist in service delivery and issue resolution in a highly collaborative manner. This individual will require good communication skills to be able to foster and maintain strong relationships. The ideal candidate will have certifications, with a background in Extron, Biamp, and Dante systems. Understanding of these systems is preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively, and with a high level of subject knowledge to mitigate issues. This is a full-time, salaried position that may require evening and weekend hours to support events held in Studio Bell.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and troubleshoot AV related issues relating to equipment, including audio, video, lighting and network systems and hardware, including interactive exhibition elements, and show control systems.
- Maintain BrightSigns, Raspberry Pi's, and various Exhibition Kiosk playback systems.
- Installation of network connected projectors, computers, amplifiers, and other AV equipment, to standards outlined by Avixa CTS.
- Triage and escalation to internal groups as required.
- Respond and troubleshoot exhibition technology helpdesk tickets.
- Maintain and create technical documentation and manuals for AV related equipment for installations and configurations.
- Support and maintain data, hardware, and Dante networks.
- A related degree or equivalent experience in an appropriate discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience and must include experience with installation of AV equipment and Dante routing.
- Experience with BrightSign players, displays, projectors, and applications like VNC/Remote desktop, TeamViewer, Extron DSP, and Dante Controller.
- Hands-on experience and strong knowledge base of Microsoft and Apple products.
- IT related skills in Wi-Fi troubleshooting, hardline internet connectivity, and knowledge of DHCP/Static IP addressing Is recommended.
- Strong general A/V, computer and network technology knowledge and skills.
- Ability to make independent judgment calls to resolve urgent and critical matters.
- Knowledge of best practices for installation and wiring of AV equipment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Medialon, Extron and/or Biamp training or certification
- Avixa CTS certification
- Dante Level 1 or 2 Certifications
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on exposure to various A/V devices from an assortment of vendors such as Extron, Biamp, Panasonic, Lg, Christie, and BrightSign.
- Avixa CTS certification and a background in Extron or Biamp system programming would be a definite asset.
- The ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications to troubleshoot and maintain technical systems would be an asset.
- Adaptability, flexibility, creativity, and the capacity to function effectively in a fast and active team environment.
- Certificates for Fall Arrest and Elevated Work Platform are encouraged but not required.
- Manager of ICT and AV
- Exhibition and Collections Team
- Production Manager and Technical Team
- Event Coordinators and Event Hosts
- NMC Contractors, Proactis, Staff and Volunteers
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before January 5, 2024. No phone calls please.