Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre (NMC), is the place to party for Canada’s 152nd birthday.
Dive into Canada’s rich musical history with an array of new exhibits celebrating iconic Canadians, enjoy hands-on, family-friendly activities and pop-up performances across multiple floors, and take advantage of FREE* admission all day on July 1, courtesy of Bell.
- “O Canada” sing-along
- Dueling pianos from the NMC Collection in an all-Canadian song battle
- Bell commemorative digital photo experience
- Air Guitar Workshop: Geddy Lee Edition with Jett Thunders
- Jazz up your special decoder sunglasses for the Corey Hart exhibit
- Get in the chill zone with screenings of the best NMC interviews with Canadian artists
- Foot-stomping live music and barn dancing in our new Homegrown Country exhibit
- Kimball Theatre Organ performances and pop-up demonstrations of unique NMC Collection items
- Explore the iHeartRadio Lounge and the history of personal radio devices, their impact on popular music and listening habits, and the current musical landscape
- Live musical street performers outside of Studio Bell throughout the day
The entire Studio Bell building will be rocking for Canada’s birthday, so cap off your day of exploring five floors of exhibitions and interactive activities with a few beers and bites at NMC and Cold Garden present: Garden Party on the King Eddy Rooftop.
*Admission on Canada Day will be first-come, first-served.