Annual Giving Officer (18-Month Contract)
Location: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre, Calgary
Reporting to: Interim Director of Development
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
National Music Centre (NMC) believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion both in music and in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
About the National Music Centre
NMC is dedicated to preserving, celebrating, and developing the diversity of voices of music in Canada. Entrepreneurial, thoughtful, accessible, and connected, NMC strategically partners with multiple local, regional, and national organizations to create meaningful programming through exhibitions, collections, educational programming, live music as well as development programs that nurture, inspire, and prepare the next generation of artists, creators and healers in music. Proudly based in Calgary, NMC is a key cultural institution in the city and is increasingly recognized as a pillar in the Canadian music industry and sector.
About this Position
The Annual Giving Officer is an organized, experienced annual giving specialist. This is a full-time, salaried position on the National Music Centre’s (NMC) fund development team reporting to the Interim Director of Development. The Annual Giving Officer is a critical role in the success of NMC’s fundraising program and is responsible for leading efforts to develop, implement and maintain a successful annual giving program, fundraising event management, and other annual giving and stewardship initiatives to support NMC’s mission and vision.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as NMC’s fundraising events project manager including:
• Annually update and implement the sponsorship program and guest lists for all fundraising events, ensuring that benefits and recognition for sponsors are attractive, proportional, and fulfilled.
• Ensure the systems and processes are in place to manage ticket sales, fundraising activities and support the implementation of a marketing plan for the events.
• Provide support project management of fundraising events.
• Support budgeting and forecasting for all fundraising events.
- Play a supportive role in designing, implementing, managing, and evaluating NMC’s annual fundraising plan including public campaigns and general donations.
- Research and implement new appeals and platforms for NMC fundraising efforts.
- Ensure that donor and campaign data is captured, stored, analyzed effectively, and reported on regularly.
- Oversee the dashboard that reports on the health of our donor base and update the KPI’s on a regular basis.
- Assist in the ongoing stewardship of NMC donors, including consistent contact and planning donor appreciation events.
- In every aspect of the role, adhere to ambitious timelines while maintaining flexibility in approach.
- Maintain open lines of communication and coordinate activities with colleagues and volunteers to facilitate a team environment.
The Annual Giving Officer is a critical role in the success of the National Music Centre’s fundraising program. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A love of music and an understanding of the arts and culture sector.
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit fund development, specifically in annual giving or event management.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects with concurrent deadlines.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Superior relationship building and stewardship skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a focus on storytelling.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel is mandatory.
- Experience with Raisers Edge, Spektrix, other donor database/CRM system an asset.
- Strong analytic, evaluation, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with annual giving campaigns such as general donations, direct response, crowdfunding, telethons, and membership drives.
- Basic understanding of accounting procedures and financial statements is an asset.
- Interim Director of Development
- Annual Giving Officer
- President and CEO
- NMC Leadership Team
- Donors and Sponsors
Annual salary range is $50,000 - $60,000.
All employees who successfully complete the probation period are offered medical and dental benefits, paid time off, and an employee assistance program.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter to Phil Grace, Interim Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 7, 2023.